COVID-19 Information & Resources
CoreMark Insurance Services, Inc has compiled the below resources to help support businesses during this time. This page will be updated regularly, all resources were up-to-date with the most recent information as of posting.
We have initiated our Off-Site Contingency Plan which enables all of our employees to work remotely to continue to serve our clients throughout this challenging time. For carrier specific questions or changes, please reach out to your agent for the most up to date information. Please contact our team if you are in need of assistance.
Returning To The Workplace & OSHA Safety Guidelines
FFCRA Posting Requirements
FFCRA & Tax Relief Resources
Health Insurance & Telemedicine Resources
Most health insurance carriers have issued recommendations on how their members should seek treatment, additional options for telemedicine visits, etc. Some carriers have announced leniency for late payments, but not all. Please refer to your specific carrier for information regarding delinquent payments.
Below we have included a link to one of our industry partner’s website for carrier resources for members, such as telemedicine options, coverage for coronavirus testing, etc., and additional resources related to health plan benefits during this pandemic.
Paycheck Protection Program Resources
CARES Act Resources
Updates From The CA Dept. Of Insurance
Please note, while the Insurance Commissioner may issue orders or notices regarding payment leniency or a return of premium, each insurance carrier may implement these differently. Please confirm with your carrier directly what relief resources are available to you. Contact our team with any questions.
Business Interruption, Workers' Compensation & Employment Practices Resources
Unemployment & Medical Leave Resources
We found this useful resource to help clients understand options to consider when they have to cut business hours or reduce work hours. It includes what employees can do as well. They have an FAQ on the enhanced unemployment benefits available for those workers as well.
The link is: https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm. The employer related questions are questions 20-24, including:
- What can I do if my business has slowed due to COVID-19?
- What if I have to let go of some of my workers temporarily until business improves?
- What can I do if I have to shut down my business permanently?
- What if I can’t file or pay my payroll taxes on time because of COVID-19?
- What can I do to protect my workers from COVID-19?
SBA Disaster Loan Resources
The impact the Coronavirus is starting to impact most small businesses. We hesitate to have a company create more debt, however, the right debt used as leverage can keep you going. Do your due diligence and seek support from an accountant, financial planner or business coach or to see if it makes sense for your business and situation.
Here is a link to the SBA site showing what States and their counties are eligible for lower cost disaster loans: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19.
You can also download the Coronavirus Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide & Checklist here.
California Preparedness Resources
The California Department of Public Health, in conjunction with the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services and California Health & Human Services Agency, has created a new website that is updated regularly to detail the current state of the COVID-19 cases and preparedness resources within California. It also includes resources and links to assist you in getting testing and treatment, preventing infection, filing for unemployment, and more.
You can bookmark this pages for regular updates :https://covid19.ca.gov/
Additional Links & Resources
- California County Ordinance Updates: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/
- CA Dept Of Public Health Industry Guidance: https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- CA Dept of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- CA Dept of Labor: https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/
- CA EDD: https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
- CA Statewide Shelter in Place Order: https://coremarkins.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/Health-Order-3.19.2020.pdf
- Shelter In Place Order FAQs: https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/
- Employer FAQs: https://www.fisherphillips.com/resources-alerts-comprehensive-faqs-for-employers-on-the-covid
- National Association of Health Underwriters Coronavirus Information: https://nahu.org/coronavirus-information