As a business owner, you have enough on your mind running your business without having to worry about your insurance needs. You want to have the confidence that the business you’ve built is covered by a company that understands your total business insurance needs.
Commercial business insurance provides wide-ranging protection for businesses and their subsidiaries under a single policy. There are various types of commercial business insurance that provides coverage for property, liability and workers’ compensation, to name a few. While property insurance covers damages to business property and products stored within the premises; liability insurance provides coverage for damages to third parties; and workers’ compensation insurance covers injuries to employees.
Commercial business insurance is an important aspect of any business that if not properly covered can shut a business down. Whatever your commercial insurance needs, we can design a protection program that’s right for you.

Business Insurance tailored to fit your exact needs

Commercial General Liability

Let the professionals at CoreMark help you analyze the right policy for you. Whether you are a “Main Street” business covered by a BOP - Business Owner Policy or a commercial risk that requires a Commercial Package Policy, we have the expertise to recommend the right coverage for you. Maybe you are considered a high risk or hard to place business, CoreMark has the knowledge and carrier relationships to find the policy best suited for you and your business.

Commercial Auto

Even if your employees use company cars for both business and personal use, it would be good to consider a commercial auto policy for your business. If the vehicle is owned by the business, make sure the name of the business appears on the policy as the “principal insured” rather than your name. Whether your company needs to purchase a commercial auto policy is dependent on the type of driving its employees do. Our agents will sit down with you and explain your auto insurance options along with expert recommendations.

Workers' Compensation

As a business owner, you do everything you can to protect your employees from potential dangers, but do you have workers' compensation protection? Most business owners understand that workers' compensation is important, but did you know that if you have employees, it is required by law? Workers' compensation is a type of insurance coverage that protects your employees in case of injury or disease during the course of employment. Policies can provide coverage for: Medical expenses, Lost income/wages, Rehabilitation costs, Death benefits and more…

Commercial Truck Insurance

Truck liability insurance covers your financial responsibility if you or an employee are at fault for an accident. Although similar to commercial auto liability, truck liability comes with state and federal requirements that require a high degree of knowledge, services, and expertise.

CoreMark Insurance Services, Inc., is a leading California insurance agency for both intrastate and interstate trucking operations. It is this high level of expertise that allows our clients to operate safely, properly insured, and without interruption.

Commercial Umbrella

Most package policies provide an aggregate liability insurance limit of $1 million for any one occurrence and $2 million in any one year. For many businesses, this limit is inadequate for real economic security. As a result, additional layers of protection in million-dollar increments are readily available in today’s insurance market for most businesses.

Motor Truck Cargo

Motor Truck Cargo insurance (cargo) provides insurance on the freight or commodity hauled by a for-hire trucker. It covers the liability for cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, overturn or striking of a load.

By being a leading California agent of transportation related businesses, CoreMark’s team is familiar with the intricacies of motor truck cargo coverage. Our many years of experience allows us to find quality coverage for many difficult types of hauls from hazardous, high-value, and over-sized cargo.

Contractor's Equipment Coverage

A contractor’s equipment policy provides physical damage insurance for contractor’s equipment located at the insured’s premises, job site, or while it is in transit. These policies cover various types of equipment including cranes, graders, forklifts, backhoes, bulldozers, tools, and similar equipment. Coverage can also be purchased for leased, rented, or borrowed equipment. Coverage can be provided with the equipment listed or scheduled on the policy, a schedule of equipment on file with company, with blanket (unscheduled) coverage or on a reporting form.

At CoreMark, we understand stolen or damaged equipment can interrupt projects, create costly downtime, and cause embarrassing customer experiences. We work closely with our insureds to accurately value and insure their equipment so an unexpected loss has minimal impact.

Builder's Risk Coverage

Builder’s risk coverage provides insurance for direct physical loss or damage to a building under construction. The property must be at a location listed on the policy declarations. In addition to providing coverage for the building or structure under construction, coverage is — in many instances — also provided for the foundation, materials and equipment intended to become a permanent part of the building, and temporary structures used at the job site, such as scaffolding. When this coverage is provided for a renovation project, as opposed to new construction, it generally only covers the scope of the project itself, not the existing structure.

Installation Floater

An installation floater provides coverage for direct physical loss of personal property installed, fabricated, or erected by an insured, usually a contractor. Coverage applies to owned property and property of others and covers the insurable interest of that contractor in the property. It can be written to cover a single project within an existing building, such as updating the plumbing system in an existing building. It can also be written to cover a contractor who is acting as a subcontractor on a building under construction.

As a leading insurance agency of artisan and general contractors, we at CoreMark know these coverages require a high level of knowledge and expertise to ensure our clients are properly insured.

Contract & Commercial Bonds

Bonds ensure contract completion in the event of contractor default. A project owner (called an obligee) seeks a contractor (called a principal) to fulfill a contract. The contractor obtains a bond, and if the contractor defaults, the bond company is obligated to find another contractor to complete the contract or compensate the project owner for the financial loss incurred.

EPLI : Employment Practices Liability

Employment Practices Liability Insurance otherwise known as EPLI is insurance that helps protect you against claims from your employees that result from the general conduct of your business. Common examples of employee related claims include claims relating to: Discrimination, Wrongful Discharge, Sexual Harassment, Hostile Working Environment, Wrongful Termination and Lack of Advancement.

Business Property

Although most business owner policies (BOPs) do provide coverage for property, this most often pertains only to the actual structure of your business. Under a BOP, generally, the structure of your business is covered from events of “peril” (i.e. weather-related damage) and causes of loss. What about the furniture, computers, and equipment in your building? Who will cover the cost of replacing an outdoor sign? This is where Business Property Insurance comes in. A typical Commercial Property Insurance policy will cover the property of your business that a BOP will not.